There are three graduation dates each year:
- May - for students who plan to complete degree requirements by the end of the spring semester
- August - for students who plan to complete degree requirements by the end of the summer session
- December - for students who plan to complete degree requirements by the end of the fall semester
The commencement ceremony is only held in May (Mother's Day) of each year. Refer to the Commencement Communiqué for specific details surrounding the ceremony's activities. The Communiqué is usually printed and distributed at the end of March by the Office of the Registrar.It can also be found online at that time on the Registrar website.
*Students who have graduated in the preceding August or December may participate in the May commencement ceremonies. Please contact the Registrar for more information at 757-727-5324.
*Special Note: Graduation Requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- No "Incomplete" grades
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- An accumulation of no more than eight (8) credit hours below a "B" may be counted toward graduation